Last Updated November 23, 2003
Like every other surfer, I frequently find my desktop littered with numerous IE windows. So I wrote this low-tech tool to clean up the detritus.
This Internet Explorer toolbar button executes three commands for closing IE windows, and one command for exploring IE windows created without the usual ornamentation.
UnPop requires Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher. Earlier versions do not support adding buttons to the Standard toolbar.
UnPop has been tested in the following environments. If you try it with other configurations, please let me know.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP 3.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP 1.
- Download setup.exe.
- Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
- Double-click setup.exe, and follow the prompts.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Use the blue and red Unpop buton on Internet Explorer's toolbar for the following commands:
- Click. Close all IE windows other than the active window.
- Alt+Click or Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click. Display the UnPop dialog, with the following commands:
- Close other IE windows. This is the same as clicking the toolbar button.
- Close this IE window.
- Close all IE windows.
- Show chrome. This command shows menus, toolbars, status bars, and scrollbars on all IE windows, and makes them all resizable.
The various Close commands prevent annoying sites from spawning of new windows.
source.zip is a Microsoft Visual C++ .NET project with ATL.
February 8, 2003
November 23, 2003
- Implemented the UnPop dialog for auxiliary commands
Copyright© 2003 Tim Tabor. All rights reserved. No warrantees extended.
Please report bugs and feature requests to me.